Whether we want to convert a HTML5 WebM video to MP4, AVI, MOV etc, making it playable on more devices and players, or change any video format to WebM for a HTM5/web project, WebM converter is essential.
Regardless of online free WebM converters recommended by Google Search, stable desktop converter software is proved to be more reliable due to no network needed, no size limitation and more. WinX Video Converter is selected as a favorable free WebM converter by us. Why? Reasons as following:
• With full support of VP8/VP9 codec, it can well handle the task to encode and decode WebM videos.
• All parameters of preset WebM profile have been precisely calculated so that we can output a WebM video which perfectly fits web/HTML5 video specs. We are allowed to manually adjust parameters as well to meet some special needs.
• It also integrates virtually all video/audio formats and devices into output profiles enabling us to convert WebM to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, 3GP, MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, iPhone, iPad, Android/Windows devices, Xbox, PS3/4 etc.
• Basic editing tools are provided for trimming, cropping and merging videos. In addition, external subtitle (.srt) can be added for the video.
• It has a straightforward design. All buttons are put on the right place. We can understand how to use it without guesswork.
• Equipped with Hyper-threading technology, Multi-core and hardware encoder (Intel QSV and Nivdia CUDA/NVENC) support, it tested as the fastest WebM converter.
How to Use This Free This WinX WebM Converter?
Preparation: Download and install WinX Video Converter on your computer.
Download Windows Version
System Requirements: Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista (32 & 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32 & 64 bit), Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit)
Download Mac Version
System Requirements: Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan, macOS Sierra (10.12)
The following is a Windows user guide. Mac user guide shares the same workflow.
Step 1. Input Video
Launch this WebM converter. Click +Video button on navigation bar to input a WebM video or the video you want to convert to WebM.
Step 2. Select Output Formats
The Output Profile window pops up once the target video is added. The left sidebar lists profile categories, including PC/Mac General Video, Device Profile, Web Profile, to Music, DVD Profile and HD Video. Click any category option and matched formats will be show on the right. Now, choose the desired format and click OK.
• If you would like to convert WebM to MP4, go to PC General Video, and select MP4 Video as output.
• If you want to convert a video to WebM, go to PC General Video and select WebM Video as output.
Step 3. Start Converting Video
Click Browse button to set destination folder where the converted video will be saved. Next, click RUN button to start converting WebM video or converting video to WebM.
A progress dialogue box will appear showing reminding time. Once the conversion is done, the output folder saving the resulting file will be opened automatically.