There’re hundreds of multimedia formats, however our player is always limited to several. To play incompatible media formats with your media player, for example play MKV on iPhone, we need a media converter to perform file format transformation in advance. Such kind of program could be online or desktop-based, paid or free. If you’re just in need of a desktop-based free media converter to change multimedia formats, you come to the right place. We have singled out top 3 free media converters and offered all-embracing reviews and download links.
Top 3 Free Media Converters Review and Download
1. WinX Video Converter
Platform: Windows, Mac
Media conversion mode: video to video, video to audio, video to image
• https://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-free-video-converter.exe (for Windows 10 and earlier)
• https://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-video-converter-for-mac-free-edition.dmg (for macOS Sierra and lower)
WinX Video Converter is a clean and free video media converter, specially designed to convert virtually all video media files to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, 3GP and more video formats as well as audio formats like MP3, AAC, AC3, M4R, WMA and FLAC. Besides, it offers premade optimized profiles for all popular devices and websites to help non-technical users achieve a perfect media conversion. This media converter allows users to utilize multiple CPU cores (up to 8) and applies Super Transcoding Engine to accelerate conversion speed (up to 15-20x real time speed).
* Support a wide range of input and output formats
* Support batch conversion
* No watermark
* Offer edit options: trim, crop, merge, adjust video audio parameters, etc.
* Image capture is available
* Free from any adware, malware, spyware and the like
* Straightforward user interface
* Unable to import audio, DVDs and Blu-rays for conversion
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
Media conversion mode: video to video, DVD to video, Blu-ray to video
https://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file=HandBrake-1.0.7-x86_64-Win_GUI.exe (for Windows 7 to 10)
https://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file=HandBrake-1.0.7.dmg (for Mac OS X 10.7 to 10.12)
Handbrake is a free and open-source media converter. Not only can it convert videos from nearly any video format to MP4/MKV, but also features the ability to digitize unprotected DVD and Blu-ray sources. Plus, it comes with some device profiles to make it easier for non-tech savvy users. Conversion process requires for 3 basic steps: load source file -> choose output -> hit Start and the like button to get conversion started.
* Embrace DVDs and Blu-rays as inputs besides videos
* Deliver output files without watermark
* Provide a selection of edit options for advanced users
* It isn’t bundled with harmful stuff.
* A bit difficult to use for starters
* Very limited output formats
3. Format Factory
Media conversion mode:
video to video, video to audio, audio to audio, DVD to video, music CD to audio, image to image
Format Factory is a multifunctional free media converter capable of converting video, audio and picture formats to others. Moreover, it is able to rip DVD to video and music CD to audio. And it also allows you to convert media files for your devices, such as iPhone and iPod. It is built with 60+ languages, thus people from foreign countries can understand it effortlessly.
* Compatible with a variety of media file types
* Batch conversion is allowed
* It is ad-supported
* Unstable to convert media files
* Cuts aren’t precise